New Indiana license plate to celebrate bicentennial | News
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (WAVE) – Indiana’s upcoming bicentennial will be featured on a new license plate.
The new plate has 19 stars that signify that Indiana was the 19th state to join the union. The dates 1816 and 2016 are also on the plate.
"Last year, there were two million vehicle owners that opted for the standard plate. So, our reward is simply knowing and understanding there are two million mini billboards traveling around the state and promoting the bicentennial,” said Lt. Governor Becky Skillman.
The new plate is not considered a specialty plate so there is no additional charge. The commission will not make money on the plate either.
The new plate will be available to the public on December 27.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Floyd County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000