New Albany crash kills one | News
NEW ALBANY, IN (WAVE) – One person was killed after a crash in New Albany Wednesday night.
According to Officer Brad Scott of the Floyd County Sheriff's Office, the crash was reported around 10:10 p.m. on Grantline Road at the Interstate 265 ramp. When New Albany Police arrived on the scene they found a woman driving one of the cars had been ejected from the vehicle and had serious injuries.
Sherry Webb, of Milltown, IN, was taken to Floyd Memorial Hospital where she later died.
Scott said the preliminary investigation show a Ford Escort being driven by Webb was heading north on Grantline Road when it turned left toward the I-265 westbound ramp and was hit by a Ford Mustang heading south.
Witnesses to the accident told investigators the Mustang had the right of way.
Scott said Webb was not wearing a seatbelt. He also said alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Floyd County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officers arrest man after unsuccessful attempt to intimidate strangers to help him flee
- Kentucky Farm Bureau conference to be held at the Galt House
- LMPD: 4 people shot, innocent driver injured in crash after incident on 32nd Street
- LMPD: Driver crashes car while rushing shooting victim to hospital
- Local charity looking for people to donate on Giving Tuesday