Longtime Floyd Co. supermarket closing up shop | Business
GEORGETOWN, IN (WAVE) – A longtime Floyd County supermarket is preparing for its last day in operation.
The Floyd Central Thriftway off Luther Road in Georgetown will close its doors for good on Sunday.
Floyd County residents say they’ve shopped there for years and hate to see the store go.
“You know, this place has been an institution,” said longtime customer Cathy Snider. “They’re really friendly and you get the service here, so I’m really surprised. And the employees seem to be really shocked, too.”
The owners of Floyd Central Thriftway wouldn’t say why the story is closing, but some customers said the owners lost their lease.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Floyd County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000