Art show coming to Ivy Tech Community College | Arts & Culture
Sellersburg, IN — Ivy Tech Community College will present the art show Close Encounters this fall in the Pat Harrison Fine Arts and Design Gallery. The show will feature artwork created by Ivy Tech Southern Indiana’s own faculty. It will include artwork by Susan Mackowiack, Todd Flatt, Melissa Dettlinger, Rob Koetter, Gordon Moffett, Vernon Town, and Philip Vetter.
The artwork included in Close Encounters was inspired by the best selling movie and the faculty’s desire to investigate the creative power inherent in everyone. An opening reception will be held on October 11 at 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Pat Harrison Fine Arts and Design Gallery, located in Ogle Hall on the Ivy Tech Southern Indiana campus, and is open to the public.
The show itself will run October 11 through November 30. Ogle Hall and the Pat Harrison Fine Arts Gallery are regularly open to the public Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Source: Jenny Eggenspiller
Upcoming Events near Floyd County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Some school districts wait, others close, ahead of expected storm
- Driver killed in crash on Clark Memorial Bridge identified
- Crime-fighting Louisville committee still hasn't met
- Officers arrest man after unsuccessful attempt to intimidate strangers to help him flee
- Two suspects arrested in string of restaurant robberies