Art show coming to Ivy Tech Community College | Arts & Culture
Sellersburg, IN — Ivy Tech Community College will present the art show Close Encounters this fall in the Pat Harrison Fine Arts and Design Gallery. The show will feature artwork created by Ivy Tech Southern Indiana’s own faculty. It will include artwork by Susan Mackowiack, Todd Flatt, Melissa Dettlinger, Rob Koetter, Gordon Moffett, Vernon Town, and Philip Vetter.
The artwork included in Close Encounters was inspired by the best selling movie and the faculty’s desire to investigate the creative power inherent in everyone. An opening reception will be held on October 11 at 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Pat Harrison Fine Arts and Design Gallery, located in Ogle Hall on the Ivy Tech Southern Indiana campus, and is open to the public.
The show itself will run October 11 through November 30. Ogle Hall and the Pat Harrison Fine Arts Gallery are regularly open to the public Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Source: Jenny Eggenspiller
Top Floyd County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000