Fifth anniversary celebration at Gallery on Pearl | Arts & Culture
LOUISVILLE, KY - The Gallery on Pearl completes its fifth anniversary celebration by featuring two outstanding local artists – painter Jeanne McCutcheon and glassblower Chad Balster. The show entitled, “Translating Texture,” will open on Friday, January 25, and continue through March 8. On opening night a special reception will be held from 6 to 8 PM including the Artists' Talk at 7 PM. Refreshments will be served.
Jeanne McCutcheon paints rural scenes in a very distinctive style. She works primarily with a pallet knife giving the paintings a definite three-dimension texture. Her works display a special strength and vividness, and they have been favorites for many.
Chad Balster specializes in graceful shapes and in dazzling colors. His blown glass pieces show his care for detail and his eye for beauty. He is known in this region through his years at Louisville Glassworks – both as an artist and as a teacher.
These artists were chosen with the thought that their creations are synonymous with the Gallery on Pearl’s commitment to offer to the public the very best art from the region.
The Gallery on Pearl is located in the White House Centre at 222 Pearl Street in downtown New Albany. Normal hours are Tues. through Fri. 11-5 and Sat. 11-3. 812-542-0780. www.thegalleryonpearl.com.
Source: Curtis and Pam Peters
Top Floyd County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Duke Energy selects five Indiana properties for potential industrial, business development
- Charlestown police search for missing teen
- Smokin' on the River BBQ, Blues and Brew kicks off in Jeffersonville
- I-65 lane closures in Clark County
- Smokin' on the River BBQ, Blues and Brews Festival to be held in Jeffersonville
- NuLu Pop-Up Friday music series to kick off
- Stricter sunscreen label policies enforced by US food and drug administration
- The Fifth Third Bank #17 NASCAR Show Car Visiting Louisville
- Theatre  presents "Dead Man’s Cell Phone"
- Musical Line-Up and Restaurants Announced for the 21st Annual Taste of Frankfort Avenue